Easy As 1-2-3
20 Tips to Empower Your Law Firm
At the American Bar Association’s annual GPSolo National Solo and Small Firm Conference, practice management experts Peggy Gruenke and Alan Klevan presented “60 Practice Empowerment Tips in 60 Minutes” — focused on the nuts-and-bolts of running a successful law firm. We asked the pair to zero in on their favorite practice-boosting pointers.
1. Write a simple business plan — for you, not the bank or a potential business partner. The goal is for you as a business owner to see the big picture and understand exactly who you are, why you’re unique and who you are best equipped to serve. Creating a plan will help you answer questions like … CLICK HERE TO READ THE REST
Summer 2015 How-To Series
July 20 to July 30, we’re highlighting nine of Attorney at Work’s most-read, most-shared practice management how-to articles from the past 12 months — like Peggy and Alan’s. We’re calling the series “Easy as 1-2-3” because we love a (numbered) list. And, apparently, so do you! Here’s a sampling from our list of top posts, for your summer reading pleasure.
- 4 Steps to Surviving the New Normal by Merrilyn Astin Tarlton
- 6 Ways Your Smartphone Can Streamline Your Practice by Melanie Atkinson
- 5 Ways to Revive Your LinkedIn Profile by Joan Feldman
- 1 Ultimate Answer to Tough Questions by Annie Little
- 5 Ways Support Staff Makes Your Bacon by Jared Correia
- 4 Ways to Make Your Proposals and Pitches More Persuasive by Sally Schmidt
- 6 Best Note-taking Apps and Tactics, with tips from Lee Rosen, Heidi Alexander, Catherine Reach, Nora Regis, Erik Mazzone and Jim Calloway
- 4 Most Dangerous Outlook Features by Deborah Savadra
- 5 Checklists to Make Your Law Practice More Efficient by Peggy Gruenke
- 3 Steps to Get More Good Referrals by Mary Lokensgard
- 5 Tips for Running a Leaner Practice by Asaf Cidon
- 2 Good Reasons to Use Non-Engagement Letters by Megan Zavieh
- 5 Questions to Ask a New Client by Merrilyn Astin Tarlton
- 11 Ways to Know If You’re Being a Lawyer or Building a Practice by Jay Harrington
- 3 Big Internet Marketing Things for Lawyers by Theda C. Snyder
Really Good Ideas in Your Inbox
Subscribe now to Attorney at Work (it’s free), and you’ll get “one really good idea every day,” direct to your inbox every morning. Or five every Friday, if you’d prefer it that way. Just click here to choose!
Illustration ©iStockPhoto.comSponsored Links