Download complimentary collections of great advice for enterprising lawyers. Free registration to the site may be required for some downloads (if you’re already a subscriber, you may be asked to enter your email address).
New Math, New Money: A Lawyer’s Guide to the Changing Business of Law. The big change the legal profession has both ballyhooed and rebuffed for so very long? It’s arrived. And at this point, you’re either on the bus or behind it. So if you’re feeling a little panicky, or need a nudge in the right direction, we’ve gathered 40+ pages of wit and wisdom on the new legal business. Inside you will find:
- “The Money-Making Proposition” by Merrilyn Astin Tarlton
- “Three Ways to Compete in the Coming Legal Market” by Jordan Furlong
- “ACC Value Champions: Taking Charge of Legal Spending” by Catherine Moynihan
- “Five Reasons Non-Hourly Billing Improves Your Client’s Experience” by Patrick Lamb
- “Let’s Talk About Alternative Fees” by Mark Robertson
- “The Virtual Law Practice: Look Before You Take the Leap” by Megan Zavieh
- “Simple, Clear and Flat: Selling Packaged Legal Services Online” by Josh King
- With hot tips on using fixed fees by Andy Daws and Novus Law’s Joanna Penn and Jerry Carter, a virtual practice profile by Jared Correia, insights into the LLLT and more.
Plus, perspective from thought leaders Mark Britton, Toby Brown, Maggie Callicrate, Jim Calloway, Tom Clay, Anthony Davis, Bob Denney, Ron Friedmann, Silvia Hodges Silverstein, Steve Matthews, Stephen Mayson and Megan Zavieh. We asked them what excites them most — and what concerns them — about the future of law practice.
What’s a lawyer to do with all this? We finish up with really good advice for new (and current) lawyers from Kathleen Brady, Grover Cleveland, Andrew Perlman, Marcia Pennington Shannon, R. Amani Smathers and Wendy Werner.
A Matter of Time: Time Management and Productivity Tips for Lawyers is 60 pages popping with productivity tips from our first-string experts. You’ll find articles on legal project management, timekeeping, writer’s block, email overload and so much more, along with a collection of our most popular time-management posts. Plus, a list of top productivity apps, compiled for us by NPP and Verizon. Grab your copy today and start building more productivity, and less stress, into your law practice.
Really Good Marketing Ideas: How to (Really) Get Business This Year. Fifty-plus pages of articles, written by our most knowledgeable contributors, in three sections: “Getting the Work,” “Your Social Media Game Plan” and “Balancing Legal Marketing Ethics.”
25 Tips for the New Lawyer by Merrilyn Astin Tarlton
Top Marketing Advice. A collection of our most popular marketing posts, with advice from Larry Bodine, Merrily Astin Tarlton, Deborah McMurray, Keith Wewe, Ken Hardison and more.
LinkedIn for Lawyers. Powerful things you probably aren’t doing with LinkedIn! Advice for networking, job hunting and more.
Sometimes a topic merits a bit more real estate than we typically provide for a Daily Dispatch. When that happens, we publish Attorney at Work “Extra” features to offer more in-depth information and guidance to enterprising lawyers.
- Legal Marketing Ethics Pointers by Will Hornsby (Five great articles!)
- Law Practice Management Software: A Holistic Remedy by Jared Correia
- Three Ways to Make Your Website More Dynamic by Deborah McMurray
- Table Etiquette for the 21st Century by Mary Ellen Sullivan
- Law Firm Holiday Card Planner by Elizabeth Butcher (plus Law Firm Holiday E-Card Examples)
- Getting the Fee You Deserve by Bob Denney
- Lawyers: Don’t Be Late to the Google+ Party by Steve Matthews
- Do You Think I Should Go to Law School?
- Valuable Real Estate: Email Signatures by Keith Wewe and Deborah McMurray
- Nine Questions to Ask About Your Firm’s Website by Deborah McMurray
- Knockout Burnout! by Sheila Blackford
- Marketing Tips from the Pros