How to maximize productive time and ensure those contacting you get a responsive, personal experience? Virtual receptionists and live chat.
A typical attorney captures as little as 2.5 billable hours per day. While some non-billable time is spent on administrative work, marketing, and business development efforts, large chunks are lost to unexpected phone calls and other distractions. In fact, it takes an average of 23 minutes and 15 seconds to regain focus after every disruption.
That time adds up. If you charge $350 per hour, for instance, five calls in one day could cost you $678 in missed revenue.
How do you maximize productive time while ensuring everyone who contacts your firm receives the responsive, personal experience they expect? The answer lies in virtual receptionists and live chat.
Virtual receptionists work remotely, offering callers the opportunity to connect with a real, live person who represents your firm. Unlike automated phone systems, virtual receptionists delight callers and clients while performing the same tasks as an in-house hire at a fraction of the cost.
You can choose to forward your calls to virtual receptionists full-time or part-time, or as backup:
- Full-time answering is perfect for attorneys who prefer to respond to client calls on their own time. Virtual receptionists answer all your calls live 24/7 or during the hours you set. In addition, you can choose to have calls connected directly to you once they’ve been answered, or have the caller announced so you can decide whether you’d like to take the call, have the receptionist take a message, or send the caller to voicemail.
- Part-time answering is ideal for attorneys who want to be available for callers sometimes but prefer to block out certain days or times of day to focus on work. With the right virtual receptionist provider, you can create a forwarding schedule to route calls to different numbers throughout the day. This is particularly useful if you work from an office some days and at home on other days, have team members with different schedules, or prefer to have after-hours calls directed to your voicemail system.
- Delayed call-forwarding is best for attorneys who would like to answer their calls personally (or have an in-house receptionist answer) but want to ensure coverage during busy periods and emergencies. With this option, calls are transferred to a virtual receptionist if you or your office are not able to pick up within a certain number of rings.
Not every current or potential client wants to connect with an attorney by picking up the phone. A growing number of legal consumers prefer to reach out through online chat. And of these consumers, 82% report satisfaction with their experiences — the highest level of all communication channels.
With live chat, your firm can save time while elevating client communication online:
- Meet demand and connect with website visitors 24/7
- Maximize lead generation
- Improve lead qualification
- Gather actionable data about visitors
- Direct visitors to useful information in real time
- Answer frequently asked questions
It adds up to increased client satisfaction, increased revenue, and more business opportunity, at minimum overhead cost.
Ruby offers all the above capabilities and more. We can handle conversations, perform client intake, and schedule appointments during and outside of regular business hours, working around your schedule and helping you stay focused. Our team of bilingual agents is available when you need us to represent you or your firm via phone and chat.
Our solution also integrates with Clio and Rocket Matter, synchronizing client communication to eliminate manual entries and avoid duplicates. It’s flexible, customizable, and adjustable any time with one tap via
Ruby enables attorneys to grow their practices, deliver personalized experiences, build client relationships, and stay connected to the people they serve. Best of all, 90% of Ruby’s legal customers have increased their productive time — in some cases even doubling their billable hours.
With more than 18 years of experience in the legal field, state and local bar association discounts, and integrations with many of the tools attorneys use to manage their practices, Ruby is the leading choice for client communication.
To learn more, give Ruby a call at 844-311-7829 or chat with us at ruby.com.
SPONSORED CONTENT. Product Spotlight showcases content provided by Attorney at Work sponsors and advertisers. This does not constitute an endorsement by Attorney at Work. See Terms and Conditions for more information.