Best of Attorney at Work
Law Practice Management Tips: Read the Classics
Ah, summertime. Some of us toss things in a bag and answer the siren call of the road, while others are happy staking out a quiet space on the patio for a good read. Either way, a little mellow downtime shouldn’t go to waste. We’ve collected some of our most popular posts — the classics that get quoted, reprinted and shared over and over — to kick off your summer and ignite some creative thinking.
- Those Stupid Superlative Lawyer Lists by Ross Fishman
- Update: Five Ways to Receive Credit Card Payments by Ruth Carter
- Was Law School Worth It? 10 Lawyers Answer the Question, ‘Would You Ask for a Refund?’ by Annie Little
- Do You Think I Should Go to Law School?
- Setting Up an All-Mac Law Office by Brett Burney
- Lawyers Who Use Macs: Why They Do It and How by Brett Burney
- Five Classic Practice Productivity Tips — email inbox management tips from the pros, ‘efficiency killers,’ essential practice management software, using a ‘bullet journal,’ and more.
MORE Practice Management Tips, Easy as 1-2-3
Just a few more classics to add to your summer reading list:
- 4 Steps to Surviving the New Normal by Merrilyn Astin Tarlton
- 20 Practice Empowerment Tips by Peggy Gruenke and Alan Klevan
- 6 Ways Your Smartphone Can Streamline Your Practice by Melanie Atkinson
- 5 Ways to Revive Your LinkedIn Profile by Joan Feldman
- 1 Ultimate Answer to Tough Questions by Annie Little
- 5 Ways Support Staff Makes Your Bacon by Jared Correia
- 4 Ways to Make Your Proposals and Pitches More Persuasive by Sally Schmidt
- 6 Best Note-taking Apps and Tactics, with tips from Lee Rosen, Heidi Alexander, Catherine Reach, Nora Regis, Erik Mazzone and Jim Calloway
- 4 Most Dangerous Outlook Features by Deborah Savadra
- 5 Checklists to Make Your Law Practice More Efficient by Peggy Gruenke
- 3 Steps to Get More Good Referrals by Mary Lokensgard
- 5 Tips for Running a Leaner Practice by Asaf Cidon
- 2 Good Reasons to Use Non-Engagement Letters by Megan Zavieh
- 5 Questions to Ask a New Client by Merrilyn Astin Tarlton
- 11 Ways to Know If You’re Being a Lawyer or Building a Practice by Jay Harrington
- 3 Big Internet Marketing Things for Lawyers by Theda C. Snyder
Really Good Ideas in Your Inbox
Subscribe now to Attorney at Work (it’s free), and you’ll get “one really good idea every day,” direct to your inbox every morning. Or five every Friday, if you’d prefer it that way. Just click here to choose!
Illustration ©iStockPhoto.comSponsored Links