Sign up for our free newsletter.
Attorney at Work’s columnists and contributors work hard all year to bring us practical wisdom and how-to tips on marketing your law firm and improving your business development skills. We’re proud to present the best of the best: The most popular marketing and business development posts of 2018.*
20. Package Yourself for a Favorable First Impression by Sally Schmidt
19. LinkedIn: Take the Time to Tell Your Story by Susan Kostal
18. Killing Marketing for Lawyers: Interview with Robert Rose by Ruth Carter
17. Networking with Successful Lawyers: A Counterintuitive Tip by Dustin Cole
16. Throwing Lampshade: Getting Better in Social Situations by Jared Correia
15. Four Simple Steps to a Lead-Generating Website by Jay Harrington
14. Is Emotional Intelligence the Key to Better Cross-Selling in Law Firms? By Rich Bracken
13. Five Best Practices for Law Firm Content Marketing by Jay Harrington
12. Business Development Skills That Don’t Take Talent by Sally Schmidt
11. Follow Up to Increase Your Chances of Getting Business by Sally Schmidt
10. Make the Most of Business Development Meetings by Sally Schmidt
9. A Young Lawyer’s Path to Prosperity: Build a Powerful Personal Brand by Jay Harrington
8. Three Marketing Best Practices for Lawyers Who Hate Marketing by Chans Weber
7. Five Ways Lawyers Can Use Google Trends by Julie Howell
6. Handwritten Notes Help Build Real Relationships by Bull Garlington
4. Top 10 Attorney Directories Where You Should Be Found by Chris Dreyer
3. Advice to New Associates on Becoming a Rainmaker by Mike O’Horo
2. Make It Rain: Five Steps to Get New Clients by Heidi Nadel
1. The Secret Science of Mingling by Bull Garlington
* Ranked solely according to page views over the past 12 months.
Keep this list of marketing columns, listed alphabetically by author, handy as you head into the new year. If you aren’t already a subscriber, click here to get notified when new columns are published so you can keep on top of our experts’ good ideas for building your practice.
While not strictly a marketing column, Ruth Carter often writes about her experiences and experiments marketing her law practice. You’ll find real-world blogging, networking and speaking tips, and Q&As with top marketers outside the legal profession.
Jay Harrington speaks directly to young lawyers and those building new practices, with timely advice on building a niche practice and a winning personal brand. Jay is the author of “One of a Kind: A Proven Path to a Profitable Law Practice” and “The Essential Associate.”
Susan Kostal, a legal affairs PR, marketing and business development consultant (and Attorney at Work contributing editor), delivers quick-witted tips on keeping your content sharp — including information on what your competitors are doing.
“The Coach” Mike O’Horo offers straight-shooting tips for legal sales.
Mike Ramsey and the online marketers and SEO specialists at Nifty Marketing keep us abreast of the latest trends, from lead generation and lead tracking to Google My Business strategies and optimizing your website.
Sally Schmidt — a founder and first president of the Legal Marketing Association — prepares you to win business and build your practice with smart strategies and business development tactics.
The most difficult challenge you face as a lawyer is figuring out how to get clients. In Getting Clients, Merrilyn Astin Tarlton walks you through what you need to be doing — and when you need to be doing it — to become the lawyer you have always wanted to be.
“[O]ne of the smartest, sharpest, wisest books on legal business development you will ever read. Every page contains great ideas, proven strategies, and sage advice for lawyers who want to build thriving practices and are ready to start right now.” – Jordan Furlong
Get more details and order your copy here.
Get really good ideas every day for your law practice: Subscribe to the Daily Dispatch (it’s free). Follow us on Twitter @attnyatwork.
Sign up for our free newsletter.
What matters most for lawyers when it comes to performing well in Google local searches?May 21, 2019 0 1 0