Which articles have captured Attorney at Work readers’ attention during the first half of 2019? Perhaps it says something about our collective state of mind to learn that tips focused on getting a grip — whether on our psyche, our work life, our projects or the general chaos in our offices — struck a chord.
In the most popular post (so far), Jay Harrington focuses on the keys to real, meaningful productivity and lists 10 things you should stop doing:
“Every day presents myriad choices that you must grapple with. Your success and happiness is contingent on having a clear-minded view of what will bring you closer to the outcomes you desire, and what will take you farther away.”
Here are the most popular practice management and productivity posts we published between January and June. (Stay tuned for the year’s top marketing posts coming soon.)
The Top 12
12. Top iOS Tips and Top Apps for Lawyers by Brett Burney
11. Groupthink: Lawyers Are Leaving Bar Associations for Their Own Devices by Jared Correia, Managing
10. Dealing With Non-Paying Clients: A Rant by Ruth Carter, Nothing But the Ruth!
9. Why the Talent War Is Escalating for Law Firms by Steve Nelson
8. Improve Your Handwriting: Be a Better, More Creative Lawyer by Bull Garlington, Analog Attorney
7. Advanced LinkedIn Tips (Infographic) by Ari Kaplan
6. Working From Home: Five Productivity Hacks by Joan Feldman
5. Legal Project Management, Part 1: Getting Started by Sam Glover, Series
4. 10 Rules for Surviving as a Solo or Small Firm Practice by Dustin Cole
3. How to Get Organized Despite the CHAOS by Andrea Cannavina, Coffee Talk
2. Survival Skill No. 2 for Lawyers: Dealing With Chronic Stress by Link Christin (Tie), Series
2. Survival Skill No. 1 for Lawyers: Emotional Resilience by Link Christin (Tie), Series
1. 10 Things Lawyers Need to Stop Doing in 2019 by Jay Harrington, One of a Kind
* Ranked solely according to unique page views.
Attorney at Work’s editors and writers are working hard every day on our mission to deliver tips that help you create a law practice and a life you love. Do you have a question, an idea or topic you’d like to learn more about? Email us at email@example.com.
More of the Best
Here are the top five practice management posts of 2018:
5. Confronting Lawyer Turnover in Law Firms by Link Christin
4. Taking Control: Time Management Tips for Busy Lawyers by David Ackert
3. Video: Resetting Default Heading and Body Fonts in Microsoft Word by Deborah Savadra
2. Why Lawyers Really Struggle for Work-Life Balance by Dustin Cole
1. Five Traits of Great Lawyers by Jamie Spannhake
And, in January, we spotlighted Attorney at Work’s top 20 marketing and business development posts of 2018, here.
Subscribe to Attorney at Work
Get really good ideas every day for your law practice: Subscribe to the Daily Dispatch (it’s free). Follow us on Twitter @attnyatwork.