Yes, it seems we’ve been talking about the big changes coming to the legal profession for a very long time. But when the shift starts making headlines in the general media, it begins to seem more real. When academia begins to roil, you know change has arrived. At this point, you’re either on the bus or behind it. If you’re feeling a little panicky, or need a nudge in the right direction, you’ll find wit and wisdom on the new legal marketplace in our latest e-zine: “New Math, New Money: A Lawyer’s Guide to the Changing Business of Law.”
A New Way to Look at Your Business
Here’s some scoop on the features you’ll find inside:
- “The Money-Making Proposition” by Merrilyn Astin Tarlton
- “Three Ways to Compete in the Coming Legal Market” by Jordan Furlong
- “ACC Value Champions: Taking Charge of Legal Spending” by Catherine Moynihan
- “Five Reasons Non-Hourly Billing Improves Your Client’s Experience” by Patrick Lamb
- “Let’s Talk About Alternative Fees” by Mark Robertson
- “The Virtual Law Practice: Look Before You Take the Leap” by Megan Zavieh
- “Simple, Clear and Flat: Selling Packaged Legal Services Online” by Josh King
- With hot tips on using fixed fees by Andy Daws and Novus Law’s Joanna Penn and Jerry Carter, a virtual practice profile by Jared Correia, insights into the LLLT and more.
Plus, you’ll get a little perspective from thought leaders Mark Britton, Toby Brown, Maggie Callicrate, Jim Calloway, Tom Clay, Anthony Davis, Bob Denney, Ron Friedmann, Silvia Hodges Silverstein, Steve Matthews, Stephen Mayson and Megan Zavieh. We asked them what excites them most — and what concerns them — about the future of law practice.
What’s a lawyer to do with all this? We finish up with really good advice for new (and current) lawyers from Kathleen Brady, Grover Cleveland, Andrew Perlman, Marcia Pennington Shannon, R. Amani Smathers and Wendy Werner.
So strap on your crash helmet, grab onto something stable and download your copy of “New Math, New Money” — as always, it’s free to anyone who subscribes to Attorney at Work!