Next week, Rocket Matter is rolling out Rocket Aid, a virtual conference for lawyers. This online networking and CLE event will not only help lawyers connect in this time of social distancing, but it will also generate much-needed assistance for people most affected economically by the coronavirus and proceeds will go to people impacted by the COVID-19 Crisis.
Rocket Aid will stream live on April 16 and 17, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST each day. The content will cover cutting-edge topics on running an online practice, ways to generate more revenue, and embracing modern tools that will help law firms adapt and thrive in a changing world. In addition to attending educational sessions, participants will have the ability to network during face-to-face virtual “happy hours” and breakout sessions.
“This virus is hitting us all differently—while experts say that most of us will likely escape major sickness, everyone is affected one way or another,” says Larry Port, CEO of Rocket Matter. “In the case of lawyers, we’re beginning to see them lose their jobs as law firms lay people off. Those who are employed can’t go to the office, attend court, get paid, attend CLEs, and even network with one another. Meanwhile, other people in our society are also at risk, with wage and food uncertainty suddenly a critical issue. Rocket Aid hopes to help with these concerns.
Registration is only $25, which will be donated directly to United Way’s COVID-19 Fund, Pro Bono Net, and Feeding America, a charity network of more than 200 food banks.
Planned Rocket Aid sessions include the following:
- COVID-19 and Law Firm Operations: What are We Learning?
- Remote Lawyering Overview: The Tools You Need
- Hidden Gems of Office 365
- How to Increase Profits and Sanity by Running a Lean Law Firm
- Saying “Adios” to Billing Headaches and “Hola” to Increased Profitability
- A 12-Month Plan for Going Paperless
- Cybersecurity for the Remote Lawyer
- COVID-19 Coverage and How to Think About PR
- Remote Technology Do’s and Don’ts
- Staying Sane While Working Remote
- An Economic Outlook for Lawyers During and After COVID-19 (non-CLE)
- Setting Up an Ergonomic Home Office (non-CLE
Attorney at Work is proud to provide media support for the conference.